.What do we carry in the shop?
1) LOTS of fabric, including panels, wide backs, and WOOL!
2) LOTS of patterns! I have an addiction apparently to patterns because we have a lot! I do try to provide a large variety of patterns that are beginner level to advanced. There are patterns for precuts, pieced, applique, embroidery, and those that compliment specific fabric collections.
3) LOTS of books with patterns in them! Another addiction. I find they provide great inspiration to quilting; you can't have just one. Ha Ha. Some of the most popular books lately have been the 3 yard quilt books, turning twenty, Lori Holt books, and a variety of reproduction quilting books.
4) A large selection of quilt kits- both from the manufactuer and ones I've kit up. We have all sizes from table toppers/runners to large quilt kits.
5) A smattering of Lori Holt cross stich charts and 25 count Lugana fabric. We carry some DMC floss and floss kits that can be purchased with the charts. We also carry the cross stitch tapestry needles.
6) Chunky Thread! Yes! Lori Holt chunky thread in all the colors! I LOVE this thread. It's amazing to work with!! I am currently working on a granny square afghan as a shop sample with anticipated completion date 2024. I am definately a fan of her chunky thread!
7) Notions. I carry basic notions for the new quilter or someone traveling through and forgot a necessity such as a rotary cutter. We have the blades for the cutters, cutting mats, lots of rulers (I am unable to ship large mats and rulers online but, I have them for purchase in the shop), pins, needle minders, charms, thread, scissors, zippers, tea towels, clothesline rope, Insul-Bright, Soft and Stable, Fusible Fleece, glue, Heat 'n Bond, etc. There's just too many to list them all.
8) Precut fabrics- fat quarter bundles, fat eight bundles, Layer Cakes/10" square packs, Charm squares/5" square packs, Jelly Rolls/2.5" strips, and Mini charm squares/2.5" square packs.
What's New in the shop?
Everything is new in our shop as of February, 2023. But, the newest fabric collections include Collections Etchings, Tilda Hibernation, Lovestruck, Tilda Bloomsville, Dinah's Delight, Bee Dots, Home Town, Anne of Green Gables, Brensham, Cocoa Pink and Cocoa Blue. There are several other collections that are all considered "new" but the ones listed here are the very newest.
We currently do not provide any monthly subscriptions or block of the month subscriptions. This IS something we will have though! I would love to hear from you what types of monthly subscriptions you'd like to see available. Email us your ideas/suggestions and if there's enough response and interest, we will work towards providing it for you.
Here are some ideas of my own if you'd like to respond to them.
1) Monthly/Quarterly "Barn Box". This would have a surprise quilt kit or precuts/pattern, notions, new products, etc.
2) Monthly/Quarterly small Wall Hanging/Mini Quilts. These would include EVERYTHING to complete the quilt- pattern, fabric, binding, AND backing.
3) Monthly Block of the Month quilt. Each month a new block(s) would be sent out to complete a quilt.
4) Monthly Quilt Seeds- This is a Lori Holt pattern/fabric that she does for some of her collections.
5) Table toppers/runners im a variety of styles/colors.
State with the Most online Orders- TENNESSEE
Congratulations and a HUGE THANK YOU to Tennessee customers! Keep up the word of mouth and orders coming in! We are going to have a fun state recognition in our newsletters for the state that has the most online orders (besides our home state of Oregon). We still have some states out there that have not ordered from us too. So... tell your relatives, quilty friends, and members at your local quilt clubs about us. Help us grow into our new year's goal of a brick and mortar in 2024. Just think, one quilt club group ordering from us right now could tip the scales to a new state...
Tell us what you'd like to see in our Newsletters
Please let us know if there's something else you'd like to see included in our newletters. This is all new to us, so kind and helpful feedback is always welcome. You can email us at the address at the bottom of the newsletter.
How to Shop at The Quilt Barn
Shop online to www.thequiltbarn.com. Remember, we offer free shipping over $80 orders. Yah!!
To stop in our shop and see the fabrics in person, you will need an appointment. One day, we will have regular business hours in a brick and mortar location. But, in the meantime, you can call our shop landline and leave a message or email your information so I can set up a time that works well for both of us to meet at the shop. I may not always have opportunity to get back to you same day but I will ALWAYS try. My nursing job does not always allow me to be home timely and I try to be respectful of time zones and calling too late or too early.
Lastly, GREAT NEWS!!!!
Watch the website and/or social media for a HUGE upcoming SALE!!! We will be having a sale before the end of 2023, so stay tuned for more information. Follow us on social media @the_quilt_barn either on Instagram or Facebook.
We rely a lot on our customers for advertising and spreading the word about The Quilt Barn. You have been doing a GREAT job too- keep it up and many THANKS!!!!